Passenger code of conduct
These guidelines were established to ensure everyone with a safe and enjoyable ride on MVRTD public transportation.
- Follow the Drivers instructions.
- No eating or drinking while on board MVRTD vehicles.
- No smoking or tobacco products on MVRTD vehicles.
- No drug use or alcohol consumption is allowed.
- No vulgar or offensive language, excessive noise or harassment of other passengers.
- Radio’s, CD’s, DVD’s, and MP3 technology may only be used with earphones or headsets.
- Cell phone use may not disturb other passengers.
- Respect other passengers’ property and space.
- Carry-on packages are allowed as space permits and at the driver’s discretion.
- Strollers must be folded safely away from the aisles.
- Only service/guide animals or caged animals are allowed.
- Don’t litter on the bus or the waiting area surrounding bus stops.
- Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with passengers standing ahead of a white line. Remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Guns, knives and all flammable liquids are prohibited on all MVRTD vehicles.
- To protect the health of all passengers, MVRTD will remove or deny access to any passenger whose bodily fluids are exposed. This includes, but is not limited to, body eliminations, saliva and blood.
- MVRTD reserves the right to limit rides to 1 1/2 trips per boarding.
- Anyone who willfully causes destruction to bus property or exhibits disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the bus and may forfeit the privilege of being allowed to ride the bus in the future. In the event of more serious damage and/or continuing detrimental behavior, offenders will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Fares: All passengers are required to pay the proper fare for all MVRTD transportation. Bus drivers cannot make change.